- Created: 08 February 2014
INST was established in 2005 as an independent center in the university after about two years of study on its mission and organization. It includes faculty members from various departments: Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The PhD program which was started in October 2005 is one of the main features of institute. INST is growing and in the first step has been assigned as a "Center of Excellence" (CoE) in the field of nanostructures. Currently 42 PhD students are involved in the program and 18 students are graduated. In addition, many international conferences and workshops on nanotechnology are held by the institute.
- Fundamental and applied research in nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Center of excellence with multidisciplinary knowledge and activities
- Serving as a hub for nanotechnology research activities and strategy planning in the country
- Collaborating with international institutes for the advancement of applied and pure nanoscience