INST at a Glance
- Establishment of the first doctoral program in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in the country in 2005
- Publication of more than 200 research papers in international journals (2004-2010)
- Organizing the bi-annual international conference on Nanostructures
- Conducting general and specialized seminars on various fields of Nanosience and Nanotechnology including Nanoparticles and Nanopowders, coatings, Nanodevices, Nanocomputation and Modeling and Nanobiotechnology
- Presenting courses on various aspects of nanotechnology
INST was established in 2005 as an independent center in the university after about two years of study on its mission and organization. It includes faculty members from various departments: Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The PhD program which was started in October 2005 is one of the main features of institute. INST is growing and in the first step has been assigned as a "Center of Excellence" (CoE) in the field of nanostructures. Currently 42 PhD students are involved in the program and 18 students are graduated. In addition, many international conferences and workshops on nanotechnology are held by the institute.